Conserve and Save on National Cut Your Energy Costs Day
Posted On: January 9, 2020
Every little bit helps when it comes to saving energy and translating it to a lower energy bill. National Cut Your Energy Costs Day is observed on January 10 to remind us to find ways to improve our energy efficiency at home and in the office.
You can cut your energy costs when you commit to these energy-saving assessments around the house:
• Whether it’s the dishwasher or the washing machine, commit to only use these appliances when there are full loads.
• Check your water heater and lower its temperature if it’s above 120 degrees.
• Set a timer to take shorter showers and use less water.
• Dress warmly while at home and turn down your thermostat. Even lowering the temperature 4 degrees can save 4-8 percent on your energy usage.
• Weatherproof windows and doors by sealing any leaks with caulk or using weather stripping.
Join the conversation and get even more tips when you share and search #CutYourEnergyCostsDay on social media!